Automatic balancer cuts vibration to optimize finish and extend machine life.
- Eliminates manual pre-balancing
- Fits most center-type, shoe-type, centerless,and surface grinders
- Flange mount installs easily to spindle
- Operation is simple and automatic
- Spectral analysis of the unbalance
- Improves surface quality
- Increases machine life and productivity
The D93b measures the vibration caused by an unbalanced grinding wheel and shifts weights attached to the wheel spindle until the vibration is neutralized. The system can be applied to grinding operations over a wide range of wheel sizes. wheel speeds, machine types, and wheel compositions.
The balancing head mounts easily to almost any wheel spindle with an adapter flange and nut. The precision piezoelectric vibration transducer attaches to the wheelhead housing, in line with one of the spindle bearings, which a simple stud or magnet. Machine downtime for installation is minimal.
During a balancing cycle, the D93b electronic unit receives a signal from the sensor proportional to the amount of vibration created by the wheel imbalance. The D93b then performs a realignment of the two weights in the balancing head until the amount of vibration falls below a pre-set limit.